How to Swim with Dolphins [Step-by-Step WikiHow-Style Guide]
Dolphins swims offer dolphin enthusiasts the best way to learn more about their favorite marine mammal.
You get to…
- Find out facts about their diet, physiology, and anatomy
- Discover how you can personally assist in marine conservation
- Come eye to eye with your favorite cetacean
Read this artice if you’re interested in how to swim with dolphins.
1. Find the best location
There are many great places in the world to swim with dolphins.
The main locations are Florida, Hawaii, and Mexico (particularly Cancun).
The most popular place to swim with dolphins in the world is Cancun.
Cancun is the most popular place for dolphin swims because…
- There are many neighboring locations with dolphinariums like Cozumel/Riviera Maya/Tulum/Puerto Aventuras
- It has wonderfully warm weather 365 days a year
- It features the lowest prices on the planet for dolphin swims
- There are a host of other travel activities at your disposal
2. Pick the best dolphinarium
So how do you know which dolphinariums are the best?
Look for these traits when trying to find the best dolphinarium
3. Book ahead of time
How to swim with Dolphins [Step-by-Step WikiHow-Style Guide] – Book ahead on time
Many dolphinariums offer discounts
if you book ahead of time.
Plan ahead of time. Procrastination is expensive.
One more thing. Don’t forget to check if the prices change based on what hour you select. Sometimes busier hours will command higher prices, and vice versa.
4. Don’t forget to bring with you…
How to Swim with Dolphins [Step-by-Step WikiHow-Style Guide] – Beach Bag
You’re going to want to bring either a beach bag, or backpack with you.
Make sure your bag contains a…
- Bathing suit
- change of fresh clothes
- plastic bags (for wet clothes)
- cash/credit card for souvenirs or pictures
5. Listen to your guide’s instructions
The number one key to success for your dolphin swim is to listen to your guide.
Here are a few tips.
- Enter the water calmly without splashing.
- Only touch the dolphins when, where, and how the guide instructs you.
- NEVER touch the blowhole, snout, eyes, or top of the head (melon).
- Remember to never use your fingernails as their skin is very sensitive.
6. Behold the moment
Believe it or not, in the blink of an eye, the whole experience will be over. It’s what happens when you’re having the time of your life.
Because of this, you should embrace your time with the dolphin. Really soak it in.
The trick is to pay attention to the details. This will help you better recall experience later on.
7. Purchase pictures
How to Swim with Dolphins [Step-by-Step WikiHow-Style Guide] – Purchase Pictures
Paying attention to the details is key. But purchasing pictures? It’s not only ideal for reliving the experience personally.
It’s an epic way to show your friends and family what exactly you did on your Cancun vacation.
8. Come back with your friends
How to Swim with Dolphins [Step-by-Step WikiHow-Style Guide] – Friends
After your friends see your dolphin swim pictures, they’re going to want to have their own!
What better gift to share with a friend, than a bucket-list dolphin swim?
This has been our “How to Swim with Dolphins [Step-by-Step WikiHow-Style Guide]”. If you enjoyed, please Like or Share on Facebook.