Swimming with dolphins is an amazing experience that everyone should try to do at some point in there lives. There are some special areas where you can find these amazing marine mammals. A lot of those places are located in the Caribbean or at least close to the Equator, take a look at the most popular spots for swimming with dolphins around the world. Some of them might surprise you!
- Right in the U.S., in Key Largo, Florida, you can find the Dolphin Plus dolphinarium. This particular dolphinarium is very popular among tourists visiting Florida and the Florida Keys, so take some time to check it out the next time you head down to that area.
- If you would rather go to a more exotic location, why not visit the U.S.’s neighbor to the south? Mexico has a huge tourism industry, thanks to areas like the Riviera Maya, with beaches along the Caribbean Sea and tons of wildlife. Riviera Maya Park is home to Dolphinaris, an amazing location with a variety of dolphin swim programs.
- Also not too far from the U.S. is the island of Cuba, an island nation that for so long was stuck in a different time period thanks to an embargo. In one area, Varadero, you can find a nice dolphinarium surrounded by beautiful flora with amazing dolphins ready to meet you.
- Moving back to the U.S., but to the state furthest away from the mainland, you can find Hawaii and in particular the island of O’ahu. Honolulu, the capital of Hawaii, is on this island and has tons of different tours where you can swim with dolphins in the wild.
- The Dominican Republic has long been a popular vacation spot, but many tourists miss out on the Dolphin Explorer dolphinarium in Punta Cana. Prices are not bad at all and there are many package deals you can take advantage of.
- Dolphin Cay Atlantis, in the beautiful Bahamas, is a dolphin paradise. Here you can swim with dolphins and enter a whole new world of relaxation and adventure.
- Far away from the Caribbean and on the other side of the world, you have the Dubai dolphinarium in the United Arab Emirates. That’s right, on top of being one of the most luxurious vacation spots in the world, Dubai also has a dolphinarium.
- Not too far from Dubai, you can find another dolphinarium in Turkey. The Istanbul Dolphinarium is an amazing place to find amid the history, culture, and architecture of the capital city of Turkey.
- The Cayman Islands are very close to Cuba, and are perfect for relaxing on the beach and getting a good tan. Grand Cayman, the largest of the Cayman Islands, has its own dolphinarium called Dolphin Cove.
- Lastly, you shouldn’t pass up Egypt as a place that has no dolphin swim programs. Very close to the pyramids of Giza, you can find a place where you can swim with dolphins in the sea.
The next time you’re planning a dolphin swim vacation, keep these spots in mind!